Mechanical Harvester Pilot Project
In 2009, CLI conducted a ten-day trial of mechanical harvesting to remove giant salvinia and water hyacinth from Caddo Lake. The work was done in partnership with a local Caddo Lake landowner, who provided the harvester. The planning, implementation and reporting for the project were also supported by funding from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and the City of Marshall, Texas. The report on the harvester trial can be seen at here.
Information about CLI's other invasive species work:
- Great Raft Invasives Program
- Pocket Guide to Invasive Species of the Lakes of the Great Raft
- Salvinia Weevil Rearing Facilities
- Interagency Giant Salvinia Control Team
- Lake Barrier
- Watershed Protection Plan
Additional information on Caddo Lake and its watershed can be found on CLI's data website - www.caddolakedata.us.